Armourspray are a range of decorative solid colours and clears that offer exceptional resistance to abrasion damage and allow the removal of most forms of graffiti, delivered with tough, durable polyurethane powder coating.
It is ideal for use:
Armourspray® powder coatings have a multitude of uses over various substrates including steel and aluminium. Examples include: platform signage and train components, bus shelters, security lockers, telephone boxes, road and general signage, roller shutter doors, transformers, and furniture for industry and schools. Potential applications include areas in public buildings and recreation grounds such as toilet and shower cubicles, wall partitioning, food court benches, outdoor/street furniture, fixtures and fittings.
Ideal for application over:
Durable Polyurethane thermosetting powder
Solid look or clear look
Satin and gloss finishes
Interior and exterior use
The pre-treatment process must be capable of meeting the performance outputs as described in AS3715
Compliance to appropriate process parameters is essential in ensuring compliance to etch, conversion coating weights (time/concentration) and conductivity of the final rinse.
The etch process is a very important stage of pre-treatment and close consultation with your pre-treatment supplier is strongly recommended to ensure optimum adhesion & corrosion resistance is obtained. As an approximate guide:
This is the next pre-treatment process for aluminium to ensure that it is suitably prepared for coating. It is recommended that Chrome conversion weights shall be a minimum of 431mg/m2, but advice from pre-treatment suppliers should be taken into consideration.
Final rinse is to ensure optimum surface preparation prior to coating.
Care should be taken with handling to ensure health and safety measures are met and that the substrate is not contaminated.
Dry Off Oven (if applicable)
If your site uses a dry off oven to assist in the pre-treatment process please ensure:
Steel substrates shall be prepared as follows:
1. Wash and degrease all surfaces to be coated in accordance with AS1627.1 with a free-rinsing, alkaline detergent, in strict accordance with the manufacturer’s written instructions and all safety warnings.
2. Wash with fresh potable water and ensure that all soluble salts are removed in accordance with AS 3894.6 methods A&D.
3. Grind all sharp edges with a power tool to a minimum radius of 2mm.
4. Power tool clean welds to AS1627.2 Class 2 to remove roughness. Remove filings, preferably by vacuum or compressed air.
5. Abrasive blast clean all steel surfaces to be painted in accordance with AS1627.4 to visual standard AS1627.9 Class 2.5 (equivalent to ISO8501-1, Sa 2.5: Very Thorough Blast-Cleaning). Use a medium that will generate a surface profile of 35 to 65 microns (as tested to AS3894.5 Method A.) In situations where it is not possible to prepare your item on all surfaces as described above, for long term protection against corrosion it is strongly recommended whenever possible, that an alternative substrate such as, aluminium be considered.
6. The steel is to be stored in an area which is clean and dry
7. The steel must be coated within 4 hours of blasting.
210° for 15 minutes
200° for 20 minutes
180° for 25 minutes
Use the following table to help identify where Armourspray can be applied on aluminium projects, the system required and the Dulux Alumi Shield™ warranty level available. Refer to the conditions information to determine the environment that your project will be exposed to.
O Non warrantable
1. Armourspray is only suitable for coastal environments >100m from the high tide line.
All Dulux powder products are NOT suitable in strongly acidic or caustic environments so the pH must be between 5 and 9.
Use the following table to help identify the product choice you have to gain a Steel Shield™ warranty on your project. Refer to the conditions information to determine the environment that your project will be exposed to. Click on the table below for a larger version.
5. The corrosion rates for the first year of exposure for the different corrosivity categories of Aluminium are determined by the following standard:
Our dedicated consultants can help simplify the specification process, saving you time and money by providing the right coating advice for your project.
Call 0800 800 975.
Colours displayed should be used as a guide for your colour selection. Always confirm your colour choice with a production line prepared swatch for final colour approval.
Decorative solid colours and clears that offer excellent solvent resistance and allow for the removal of most forms of graffiti, delivered with tough, durable polyurethane powder coating.